Applications, Services, Systems, Processes, Ecosystems
Programmer, Architect, Manager
University of Essex June 2015 - present
- Interim SharePoint Development Manager
- Software Developer
- Implemented Compliance Software for GDPR and Tier 4 (educational) Visa management.
- Microsoft Stack Development (C#, .NET 4.0-4.7, .NET Core, ASP, MVC, Web API, WCF, WPF, WinForms).
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration and Development.
- Microsoft Office 365, including Flow, Sway, Teams, Forms.
- Management Software: Jira, Asana.
- Source Control: Subversion, Git.
- Test-Driven Development: Unit Testing, Custom Routed Testing.
- Generic Workflow Engine, v2.
Key AchievementsAs Development Manager:
As Software Developer:
- Line-managed a team of four developers.
- Initiated institution-wide training and feedback sessions, improving team and section reputation.
- Negotiated, and fulfilled our part of, the first inter-team units of work in six years, helping to combat siloisation across the IT division.
- Championed lightweight PRINCE2 and Six Sigma project management techniques, improving reliability and estimation for teamâ€™s projects and introducing clear metrics and cost-benefit analysis to project viability assessments and retrospectives.
- Implemented a generic workflow engine (version 2) that fully automated all non-human aspects of several major and minor business processes, with over 20,000 workflows processed and over 1,000 hours saved per year across the organisation.
- SharePoint Administration: performance tuning, error forensics, upgrade path planning.
Spicerhaart July 2012 - June 2015
- Interim Technical Lead
- IT Developer
- Generic Workflow Engine, v1
- Microsoft Stack Development (C#, VB, .NET 2.0-3.5, ASP, WinForms, WCF)
- Source Control: Subversion
Key AchievementsAs Interim Technical Lead:
As IT Developer:
- Line-managed a team of three developers.
- Introduced and championed lightweight PRINCE2 project management techniques, improving reliability and estimation for two major internal projects and earning enough trust from section head to self-manage projects.
- Implemented a generic workflow solution (version 1) that fully automated all non-human aspects of the tenancy application pipeline, saving over 5,000 work-hours per year.
- Improved performance of major SQL jobs from O(n4) to O(logn).
- Implemented major speed, reliability and quality-of-life improvements to lettings software suite.
Net Solutions Europe July 2010 - July 2012
- Web and Application Developer
- Created a dynamic just-in-time PDF watermarking service
- Microsoft Stack Development (C#, .NET 2.0-2.2, ASP)
- Source Control: Team Foundation Server
- Wrote several critical modules for web applications that had between 10,000 and 100,000 visitors per day.
- Switched tack from Java to C# and Microsoft stack for all programming.
University of Essex October 2007 - July 2010
BSc Computer Science (2:2)
- Bursary for Academic Excellence
- Award for Automated Aggressive Financial Trading
Subjects and Technologies
Java Project Management Python Full Microsoft Web Stack C / C++ Data Structures and Algorithms Haskell Matlab - Statistical Analysis, Neural Networks PROLOG - Convergent AI Z Notation Specification
Colchester Royal Grammar School
5 A-levels at grades A to C
5 A-levels at grades A to C (Maths C) 11 GCSEs at grades A to C (Maths A, English A)